Improving Lives Grant 2020
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is seeking the 10 most compelling initiatives that primarily address the needs of the Latin American and/or Caribbean communities in the Washington DC (WDC) metropolitan area amid the current public health and economic crisis. Before you apply, please read the Improving Lives Grant Guidelines for more information.
The Inter-American Development Bank will award 10 nonprofit organizations with grants of up to US$ 25,000.00 each, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the Improving Lives Grant Guidelines of this competition.
- Open until May 25, 2020
- Decisions will be announced September 2020
- Period of execution: October 2020 – September 2021
Requirements for eligibility
- Classified as nonprofit organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501 (c)(3) or Section 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- At least 3 years of legal existence: and
- Registered and operating within the WDC area.*
NOTE: This area includes the District of Columbia, Maryland (Calvert, Charles, Frederick, Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties) and Virginia (Alexandria, Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Prince William and Loudon Counties).
- La Cocina VA
- Latino Student Fund
- Nueva Vida
- Tzedek DC
- Identity Clínica del Pueblo
- GALA inc.
- DC Central Kitchen
IDB’s Community Relations Program seeks to contribute to improving lives within the Latin America and Caribbean communities in the WDC area by supporting local nonprofit organizations through corporate philanthropy, volunteerism, in-kind donations and fundraising campaigns. For more information, please contact IDBcommunityrelations@iadb.org